What causes tiredness and lethargy while on Vyvanse?
I've been on 60 mg vyvanse for a while now and am experiencing extreme tiredness and lethargy by mid afternoon. The medication was prescribed to me for binge eating and has worked wonders for me in this respect, with my only complaint being how early in the day its effectiveness wears off. My first question is would it be safe for a patient to take a second 60 mg dose later in the morning?
My second question is a hypothetical. If a patient were to convey to his/her doctor that they had increased their dose of this medication on their own, what response would you think likely? Is there any actions this doctor would be required by law to take considering the controlled nature of the medication?
He may drop you
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.
I read your query and understand your concerns.
The maximum dose of Vyvanse is just 70 mg per day and any medicine above this range is prohibited by regulatory authorities. In case your psychiatrist want to prescribe more than maximum dose he is required to note the valid reason for doing so. In my opinion you can split your dose of 60 mg in 30 mg in morning and 30 mg in afternoon as dose increase is out of question.
Regarding your hypothetical question if you increase the dose with his recommendation it will be considered as misuse/abuse and he may not refiill your prescription.
I hope this answers you.
I hope this assists you.
If you have more questions I will be glad to assist you further.
If you do not have more questions, please close the discussion and if possible rate the answer for my future patients.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:
Thanks and regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Tiredness and lethargy
- Causes of lethargy and tiredness
- What is the cause of lethargy despite sleeping well
- Lethargy causes
- Can increased thyroid 1054 cause tiredness and lethargy
- Treatment for confusion headache tiredness lethargy and chills
- What causes lethargy with apetite loss
- What can cause tiredness while sleeping
- Flecainide side effects lethargy tiredness
- Tiredness lethargy epstein bar came positive meaning
- How to have a successful sexual intercourse?
- Suggest treatment for OCD
- Suggest the sleep aids that i can use with Carvedilol?
- What causes sensitivity to sun light?
- Is it safe to have 120ml of alcohol everyday?
- Suggest treatment for orgasmic dysfunction
- Suggest treatment for non retraction of foreskin
- Suggest treatment for premature ejaculation
- How long do psychotic disorders take to get cured?
- What causes erectile dysfuntion?