• question-icon

What causes tingling sensation in the hand after chemotherapy?

Posted on Mon, 24 Jul 2017 in Cancer
Question: My husband has had Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the tonsil...radical neck dissection, chemo and radiation...it returned showing up on the face and jaw....could not do surgery because he was having a series of TIA's opted for radiation only....just finished at the end of XXXXXXX ...he is currently having tingling in his hand and I just took his blood pressure and it is 111/58....he says he feels out of it but okay...can he wait to call the Dr. in the morning or should I get him to the ER tonight
Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hello. You can wait

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear. I have gone through the details. So there can be many reasons for tingling in the hand like local Site nerve compression in the hand, any drug side effects and uncommonly dome brsin disease. His bp seems normal and if there are no other symptoms and tingling doesnot progress, he can wait. Routine physician review can be done but it should be done.
Relax and reassured.
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 8 minutes later
Thank you so much.....that makes me feel a lot better!
Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Welcome

Detailed Answer:
You are welcome.
Dr. Deepak Sundriyal

Oncologist