What causes tingling sensation in the extremities, night sweats and urinary incontinence?

Dr. Geeta Sundar

Posted on Tue, 8 Nov 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Hello, I have been struggling with a cluster of neurological symptoms for years that have had significant periods of improvement. In XXXXXXX I was diagnosed with hypersomnia and have been experiencing the following:

Sudden states of weakness and shakiness in morning, accompanied by right sided eye droop. Blood sugar is usually 70-80s.

Left sided weakness several stumbles and a fall when left leg failed or dragged. Feel tingling and buzzing in left leg.

Throbbing in neck and right side of head, temples sore, feels like band around head.

Trembling in jaw with slight movement.

Body temp colder than normal, extreme variations and waking with night sweats.

Vision jerks side to side occasionally.

Weakness and numbness in hands and feet. Pain when exercising.

Urge and urinary incontinence.

Any ideas on whether this is autoimmune or neurological or metabolic?
Answered by Dr. Geeta Sundar 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hi XXXX, welcome to HCM.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX, welcome to HCM. The symptoms you have described probably fit into Neurological. It sounds to me like an impending stroke involving right side of brain. I would definitely like you to undergo CT SCAN brain with contrast and include Carotid arteries in it.
Auto immune or metabolic is less likely since you have different set of symptoms on either side.
However if the CT scan comes negative, you should have a thorough body check up including all metabolic, biochemical and haematological tests, plus a sonography of abdomen and x-ray chest.
Last possibility is it may be anxiety driven, which I would never consider before ruling out other possibilities. You can revert back for further follow up queries. Wish you the best. Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T