What causes tightness in throat?

Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe

Psychiatrist

Posted on Tue, 13 Sep 2016 in Mental Health
Question: Walking up hill carrying golf clubs tightness in throat by XXXXXXX apple. Have had tests done on my heart and there fine. I do suffer from mild anxiety so maybe it's that??
Answered by Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Consultation

Detailed Answer:
Hello, and thanks for your question.

Yes, this is undoubtedly caused by anxiety. A feeling of tightness in the throat is a classic anxiety symptom. You are too young to be having a heart problems, which has been confirmed by negative tests. I would speak to a psychiatrist about options for treating anxiety, including therapy and/or an SSRI antidepressant.

Please remember to rate and close this answer thread when you are finished and satisfied.

In the future, for continuity of care, I encourage you to contact me directly at my private link below. After you ask a direct question, it would be my pleasure to be your dedicated personal physician on this website. My name is Dr. Sheppe, and I am an XXXXXXX doctor working in New York City at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, ranked #1 for Psychiatry in the United States (tinyurl.com/psyrank). For a personalized comprehensive evaluation, treatment recommendations, and individual therapy, ask me at HealthCareMagic at this private link: tinyurl.com/DrSheppeAnswers
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 53 minutes later
Wait how do you know how old I am? Also is there a link 2 get in touch with you directly?

Thanks
Answered by Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Followup

Detailed Answer:
It states your age as 28.

Yes, please reach out to me directly at the following web address:

tinyurl.com/DrSheppeAnswers

OR

https://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/Funnel?page=askDoctorDirectly&docId=70684
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 16 hours later
I also get headaches and dizziness sometimes throughout the day from what I've heard those are also anxiety symptoms? I also get shaky and panicky sometimes as well....

I mean I'm not thinking about anything so why are these symptoms happing?? I went to my doctor and I have been diagnosed with mild anxiety. I come home from work and have a couple of beers and I'm fine. I can sleep fine its just throughout the day I get these symptoms. This all happened about 3 months ago.

I'm 5ft10 about 210lbs so not terribly overweight or anything.

Thanks
Answered by Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
Followup

Detailed Answer:
Headaches and dizziness are also cardinal symptoms of anxiety. This is confirmed by additional symptoms of shakiness and feelings of panic.

These symptoms are biological overreaction of the limbic system in the brain, and can happen even when not thinking about anxiety-provoking things.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj