What causes tightness in the chest and fluttery feeling in the stomach?

Dr. Benard Shehu

Cardiologist

Posted on Fri, 8 Jul 2016 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I have tightness in my chest and butterfly's in my stomach. I go through periods of it, right now I'm in the middle of one and have been for about a week. I don't know what sets it off. I take .5 mg Ativan a couple of times a day. I also have white coat syndrome or terrible anxiety when I have to go to the doctor. What can I do at home to manage this.
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Following advice

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you for asking!
I read your query and understood your concerns.

What you are reporting doesn't seem related to cardiac issues. My advice is to take an extra ativan and advil to relieve your concerns and symptoms.

However If the things seems to go worse I would recommend to do the following examinations to exclude any problem:
- Blood work
- Ecg
- Cardiac echo
- Stress test
- Chest x-ray

Hope this will be of help!
Wish you health!
Dr. Shehu