What causes thrush after augmentin usage for staph infection?
Change the antibiotics
I have gone through your query.
Augmentin is a very good medicine. But being a broad spectrum medicine it has few adverse effects associated.
You have recurrent sore throat. It is advisable to get to know if there is any cause for this recurrence. The sources may be from the nose or oral cavity or reflux disease.
- If there is nasal infections or allergy you should get consulted for that and take appropriate medicine.
- If reflux disease ie reflux of food from stomach to food pipe then need to get treated accordingly.- - If dental caries then get them treated.
If there is no cause found and symptoms recur, then surgery is recommended as sometimes the infection gets stuck in the tonsil and is not treated with antibiotic course.
At this point of time, I would change the antibiotic to the next best group, quinolones ie levofloxacin (500mg once daily normally used in adults) after taking throat swab samples for tests. You salso need to do gargles with Betadine antiseptic solution and Antifungal like clotrimazole to treat oral thrush. Oral antifungal are required in case symptoms persist. Please discuss with your doctor.
Hope to have answered your query if In doubt do reply.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes mrsa staph infection
- What are the chances a staph infection in
- Knot caused by staph infection
- Staph infection causes
- Sinus staph infection causes
- What causes a staph infection to turn purple
- What causes body rash after taking clindamycin for staph infection
- Augmentin for staph infection
- What antibiotic for staph infection
- What are the symptoms of staph infections?
- Pregnant. Feel unbalance and dizzy. Do I need to do MRI for inner ear...
- Taking nasal steroids for fluid in ear, irritation in nose and...
- Diagnosed with sleep apnea. Having DISH. Does this cause sleep apnea?
- Diagnosed with shingles and strep throat. Having chest pain and...
- Noticed bleeding during sex. Is that normal?
- Diagnosed with acute follicular conjunctivitis. What are the causes?
- Having problem in swallowing food. What could be the reason?
- Having red lines in throat and tip of tongue is dry. What could be the...
- On medrol and glemont for sinus problem. Is it safe to take them for...
- Have nausea feeling and headache due to infection in ear. What is the...