• question-icon

What causes throbbing pain in the mouth?

Posted on Thu, 10 Aug 2017 in Dental Health
Question: I have a tooth that has resorption number 13 in the front on the side.. From the X-ray it looks like there is a black line running through the top of the root line..I know I need to remove it but can it abcess I have not been feeling well for about a month and that tooth has been hurting like a small throbbing pain .. Not all the time .. I do chew sugarless gum and it tends to hurt a little after I chew gum .. It is sensitive to hit and cold..can this affect my whole body ..I am worried about an implant because my body is so sensitive to so many things. Have you heard of any adverse reactions to implants? Should I get a bridge instead.. The doctor I want to see can not see me for a month..is it harmful to leave this tooth in when it is causing me problems? Thanks so much!Also can it cause inflammation in the body..my Crp was high thanks!
Answered by Dr. Honey Arora 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Implants are made of inert materials.

Detailed Answer:
Hi..
Thanks for the query..

If you have a black line in the x ray of tooth 13 then it can be indicative of either Infection or fracture of the tooth..
So first of all please upload your x ray so that I can examine it and tell you what exactly it is.

If it is a decay then it can cause abscess formation..

As far as Infection is concerned if the tooth is infected then it can cause spread of Infection to the soft tissues of face causing Cellulitis and space infection..
Even it can cause spread of Infection to body through blood..

Implants are successful replacement of teeth and are commonly made of inert materials so do not cause reaction..
The only problem that can happen is implant rejection by the body.

So please first of all upload your x ray so that I can tell you exactly how to proceed..

Hope this helps..

Regards..
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Honey Arora 1 hour later
I asked the doctor and the oral surgeon said if it was not bothering me to leave it in but now it is starting to bother me .. Do you think it will access? Do I need to get it out right away.. The good plant doctor can not see me for at least another month can this wait? Thanks so much!
Answered by Dr. Honey Arora 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Infection is evident in x ray.

Detailed Answer:
Hi..
I have evaluated your x rays and there is Infection below the root tips of the tooth and if left untreated it can turn to an abscess..

So it will be better to get it treated soon ..

Hope this helps..

Regards .
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Follow up: Dr. Honey Arora 2 hours later
So should I remove the tooth as soon as possible or take antibiotics? Based on the X-ray do I have a fracture or resorption what caused this infection? If I remove the tooth will the infection go away? Thanks again!Also can it cause high Crp values in blood work?
Answered by Dr. Honey Arora 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Take antibiotics.

Detailed Answer:
Hi..

You can take antibiotics along with anti inflammatory painkillers like Ibuprofen for relief..
If even after that there is no improvement then extraction of tooth can help..

Also I can see a black line that is appearing like fracture but unfortunately the x ray is not clear enough to confirm fracture..

For that you need to send me clear x ray so that I can confirm about fracture..

CRP values are not high due to your tooth infection and for that you should consult a Cardiologist..

Hope this helps..

Regards.

Dr. Honey Arora

Dentist