What causes thickened foreskin with cracks and an inability to retract?
Blood sugars probably need better control
What you have described almost certainly sounds like what we term 'diabetic prepuce' which is characterised by a thickened foreskin with cracks and an inability to bring the foreskin back over the glans head of the penis.
This is not due to medicines but is likely to be due to a recent reduced control of diabetes. I suggest you meet the physician who is taking care of your diabetes with fasting and postprandial blood sugar levels and a test called HbA1c which will indicate how the control has been over the past 3 months.
You can try using ointments locally like Candid but I doubt if it will work when the skin opening is too small.
If the sugars are indeed under good control but the foredkin lesion is persisting as earlier, you might require a minor surgery called Circumcision which should take care of the problem once and for all.
As a matter of fact many diabetic men are first detected to be having diabetes when they visit their doctor for the same complaint as the one you have, and once sugar levels are brought to normal mist men do not require surgery.
Hope I have been of help.
Your age is certainly not a contraindication for Circumcision.
The issue here is only whether you really require it or not. If sugars are indeed under good control and HbA1c is normal and yet if the skin is not retracting the it ought to, only then you require the procedure.
The procedure can be easily performed under local anaesthetia and there should be some discomfort ft or 12-24hours after the surgery. The actual healingight take ten days or more but you can be back to work in two days usually.
Hope I could clear your apprehensions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes cracks in foreskin
- What causes the pinas foreskin to crack
- What causes recurrent painful cracks on foreskin
- What causes inflammation in foreskin and tightness while retracting
- What causes painful cracks on foreskin
- What causes cracks on penis foreskin while retracting it
- Difficulty retracting foreskin causes
- What causes cracks in penis foreskin
- What are the underlying causes for cracking foreskin
- What causes difficulty in retracting the foreskin on erection
- Penis head is cold to touch. Why?
- Discomfort while urination, swollen penis after intercourse. Pain...
- Burning sensation at the tip of penis. Urine test done. Amorphous...
- Will vasectomy cause loss of attachment from the effect of semen?
- Red Jap's eye, inflamed, no pus, painful to touch, STD clear, no pain...
- Urine test done. Swelling in urethra. Abdominal pain, foul smelling or...
- Frequent urination. Prostate examination normal. Continue vesicare? Advise?
- Sharp pain in groin area near scrotum, left testicle detached from...
- Dry skin, loss of libido, erectile problems, tired, depressed. Are they...
- Exercising has reduced sexual activity. Is there any explanation to this?