What causes thick whitish grey coating on tongue?
Oral candidiasis(oral thrush)...
Hi, thank you for posting.
I have gone through your query and I understand your concerns.
His symptoms are caused by oral candidiasis(oral thrush). It is caused by a fungus called Candida albicans.
The most common factors that causes Candida albicans are antibiotics and low immune system.
In these cases I recommend antifungal medicines such as Nystatin Oral Suspension. Except medicines I recommend honey, too.
To confirm the diagnosis your son needs the following tests:
1. Oral culture test.
2. Complete blood count.
3. Urine test.
You should contact a pediatric infectologist for the treatment.
Ask me for anything unclear.
All the best.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes a orangeyellow tongue
- What causes tongue cancer
- What causes fluffy tongue
- What causes burning sensation on tongue with white coating
- What causes lesions on tongue
- Cause of yellow coated tongue
- What causes thickness of tongue
- What causes a tingly tongue
- What causes burning tongue
- What causes a cracked tongue