What causes the feeling of worms inside the body?

Posted on Sat, 5 Apr 2014 in Mental Health
Question: My 50 year old son says he has worms in most of his body. Sometimes he has to pull his car over to the side of the road because it deters him. All doctors have mentioned it is psychological. He is very depressed about it. As a mother I want to comfort and help him but that even frustrates him. He feels none of the doctors believe him. I know all these doctors are simply the best. They do all they can. I came across an item on the internet that stated that American males have parasites at an alarming rate. There is supposed to be a simple cure but we aren't using it because of Big Pharma and Obama. What do you think? The lady stated that most doctors are not aware of this due to Obama. Help this poor mom. Thanks. P.S. He does have sleep apnea, had Hepatitus C (we never knew) The doctor is keeping tabs on the liver. All three of my children ended up with pin worms when we moved to Palo Alto CA. We were there with a Shell Oil Task force and all the kids played in the sandbox where a CAT had done more business than play. The same doctor tended all children and wondered why all these kids from XXXXXXX had pinworms. It was the cat in the sandbox. He also loved suschi. Of course, don't even speak that word anymore. He has done no travels to other countries other than Alaska and long ago he took a church mission trip to Belize.
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Delusional parasitosis it seems Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query. I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through. It seems that your son is suffering from delusional parasitosis. He has suffered so much and I am sure he will be ready to do any thing to reduce his distress. Pimozide is the drug of choice for such illnesses and it works very nicely. I have seen atleast 10 such patients of which 8 have recovered completely. I would suggest you make a visit to a psychiatrist and ask for a prescription of pimozide. I am sure that will help him a lot. Further he should get a CT scan of brain done as well. If at all there is some thing in the brain causing these symptoms the. It should be evident on CT scan. However if nothing comes out then the diagnosis of delusional parasitosis would be kore certain. Hope I am able to answer your concerns. If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you. If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback. In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link: bit.ly/dr-srikanth-reddy Wish you good health, Kind regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.
Dr. Srikanth Reddy

Psychiatrist