What causes tenderness on top of the head?
?Tenderness due to infection caused by scratching
Thanks for writing in to us.
I have read through your query in detail.
First aid helps in controlling the effects of bee sting and your husband has followed standard methods.
The first aid list for bee stings includes
1. Remove the stinger and wash the area with soap and water.
2. Apply a cold pack or cloth filled with ice to reduce pain and swelling.
3. Try a pain reliever, such as ibuprofen.
4. Apply a topical cream to ease pain and provide itch relief. Creams containing ingredients such as hydrocortisone, lidocaine or pramoxine may help control pain. Other creams, such as calamine lotion can help soothe itchy skin.
5. Take an antihistamine like Benadryl.
Avoid scratching the sting area. This will worsen itching and swelling and increase your risk of infection. It is important to know if your husband has scratched the area leading to infection causing tenderness. If the tenderness is is increasing with change in skin color then you must consult a doctor to confirm if there is an infection and start taking a short antibiotics course.
Hope your query is answered.
Do write back if you have any doubts.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes head rushes
- What causes numbness on face and top of the head
- What causes sharp pain on top of the head
- What causes tenderness in armpit
- What causes lump on the top of my head
- Cause of tender spots on head
- What causes a cracked head
- What causes palpitations in the head
- What causes dent in head
- Causes of pounding in top of head