What causes tender spot below knee?

Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 18 Aug 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Hi, for the past few days, the spot just below my left knee and to the inside of my leg has been quite tender. There is no visible bruising, or redness or anything else visible. It doesn't hurt to walk or use the leg or exert force with the leg. Pressing on the spot triggers it.
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 57 minutes later
Brief Answer:
possibility of soft tissue injury in knee

Detailed Answer:

I have studied your case.

As per your age history and photo there is possibility of soft tissue injury in knee or there can be reactive arthritis secondary to myocarditis.

Most commonly meniscus injury occurs in knee it can be due to domestic injury also.

I will advise MRI knee and some blood investigation to rule out reactive arthritis

As per your symptoms you need to do physiotherapy and knee exercises to improve range of motion.

Small meniscus tear can be managed conservatively with physiotherapy with USG and TENS.

Meniscus injury can be managed by arthroscopic repair, and same day you can go home.

Many of my patients get relief from pericarditis and myocarditis by yoga pranayama and XXXXXXX XXXXXXX so you can also due that.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.