What causes severe back pain and in the breastbone?

Question
I am having pain in my back and breastbone
Fri, 13 Apr 2018 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need detailed evaluation.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking your health concern on health care magic platform. I have read it & understand your concern.
The pain in back & breast bone can be due to various causes like -
- Weak bones ( osteoporosis) due to calcium / vitamin D deficiency ,Inflamed joints between ribs & chest bone/ back bone.
- heart problems(Inflammation of covering of heart- pericarditis ) It'a a sharp & steady pain , may be carried to neck / shoulders also.. gets aggravated while breathing, lying on back or swallowing.
-Inflammation of gall bladder ( Cholecystitis)- A gripping pain starting at base of right rib cage . Sometimes evident at chest bone or back bone,
- Esophagitis- swelling of esophagus can cause pain/ discomfort in chest bone or back. Associated with problem in swallowing.
- Lung pathology- cause pain in complete chest ( rib cage )including chest bone & back- associated with breathing problems.
* Thus we observe there to be many possibilities as a cause of chest bone & back. To pin point a cause you need to get thoroughly investigated .
I would advise for consultation of a physician ( for detailed physical check up & needful investigations ) to diagnose & treat your problem specifically.
I hope that answers your query. Any follow up query is welcome.
Thanks