What causes swollen face after having Minocycline?
It is most probably an allergic reaction. My advise is stop it and switch.
The symptoms you are having are mostly related to allergic reaction to Minocycline. Sometimes the allergic reaction bears no temporal relation to when it was started.
I would also like to know if you have had any drug reaction previously? Or is this the first episode? Either way, the first thing to do is to stop this drug, after informing your treating physician. And please ask for a replacement. I could suggest one too if you can give a detailed history of the condition for which it was started. Also I would suggest you to get started on the following OTC drugs immediately. Start Tab. Allegra 120mg twice daily for 5 days. Also in the night before going to bed, you can take Tab. Benadryl too. You will feel slightly drowsy when on these meds, so please do not take the wheel or operate heavy machinery. Also if there is unbearable itching, you can apply an OTC hydrocortisone cream available in CVS or Walgreens.
I would be more comfortable if you can post a clinical image of the part involved so that I can confirm it.
Do not hesitate to get back with any clarifications.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Does minocycline cause snoring
- Causes for swollen glands in the face
- Does minocycline cause miscarriage
- Minocycline cause high sgot
- Can minocycline cause red rashes on face
- What could be cause of swollen penis after intercourse
- Minocycline causing night terrors
- Can minocycline cause constipation
- Minocycline causing scaly skin
- Swollen face caused by anesthesia