What causes swelling on the back of knee in popliteal fossa?
The two are not connected.
Thank you for posting your query.
I have noted your details.
The swelling on the back of knee in popliteal fossa is not related to the stenosis of third lumbar vertebra.
MRI or ultrasound examination of the knee can help in confirming the diagnosis. Common conditions to exclude would be a Baker's cyst and an evolving abscess.
I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you have any follow up queries or if you require any additional information.
Wishing you good health,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar
My BLOG: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.in
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes back pain and knee pain
- Us popliteal fossa rt
- Whats wrong when your popliteal fossa hurts
- Popliteal fossa pain which lasts for years
- What causes allergy in back
- What causes swelling on back of the knees
- Dimple on the back of the knee causes
- Cavernous hemangioma in popliteal fossa treatment
- Pain in popliteal fossa
- What causes back spasms