What causes swelling in the testicles?

Dr. Grzegorz Stanko

General Surgeon

Posted on Fri, 13 Apr 2018 in Lump
Question: post hernia operation, swelling of testicles and penis , discoloration, Is this normal?
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please give some details.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.

Thank you for the query.
7
Can you please mention when was the surgery? Can you also attach a photo of it?

Regards.
Follow up: Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 2 minutes later
Surgery was 4 days ago. Unable to send photo. scrotum is discolored. Penis shaft is swollen and red. No pain
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
This is a normal thing after such surgery.

Detailed Answer:
4 days after a surgery such state is acceptable and pretty normal. As long as there is no fever, no pain in the swollen area and nothing comes out of the wound, you should not be worried. This should go away in few weeks.