What causes swelling in the left side of the forehead?
I read your question carefully and I understand your concern.
There could be several possibilities for that swelling. One could be a case of frontal sinusitis, inflammation of left frontal sinus. Would be more likely if you in addition had also a congested runny nose.
The other possibilities would include issues of the skin and subcutaneous structures such as the beginning of the formation of a furuncle, a cyst or benign tumor of the sebaceous and sweat glands which has become infected.
One last possibility would be an infection of the bone underneath (called Pott's puffy tumor) but it is really really rare and generally in people who have a history of chronic sinusitis, very unlikely.
So bottom line, such swelling should not worry you too much as it is not indicative of a brain condition which do not show visible swelling as they happen inside the skull. It is a question of the skin and the bone beneath and generally harmless. I would leave it be for the moment observing its evolution, only if it seems to grow then I would see a physician.
I remain at your disposal for other questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes swelling on left side of waist
- What is causing pain on left side of the forehead
- What causes swelling in forehead when exposed to the sun
- What causes left sided headaches
- Noticed swelling on forehead what might be causing this
- What causes labia minora to swell on the left side
- Have swelling on forehead what could be causing this
- What causes water retention in body causing swelling
- Left side abdominal swelling causes
- What causes swelling in left side of upper chest