question-icon

What causes swelling in right breast nipple of a 9 year old child?

Posted on Fri, 17 Jun 2016
Question: My daughter is 9 years old and very skinny. I have noticed her right brest around nipple is slightly swollen. Since she is too skinny and smal I dont think its the puberty development. Do I need to get this checked or is it normal
Answered by Dr. V. N. S. Parinam (7 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Lymphatic cyst around the breast

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX

It could be a congenital problem. You should get it checked with a Pediatric surgeon. I think of lymphatic cyst at this time.
Although a thorough examination is required for this case with an Ultrasound examination of the breast will reveal definite details.
Please do not worry if it is lymphatic cyst then it can be easily cured with sclerotherapy.
Please see Pediatric surgeon in your city.
Dr. V. N. S. Parinam