What causes swelling in mole on face?
I have a mole on my face that was flat...now became swollen over the last 24 hours...is it a concern?
It is not a cause for concern in terms of malignancy
Hello. Thank you for writing to us at healthcaremagic
I have gone through your query and I have understood it.
Change in appearance of a mole over such a short time period (i.e a few hours) usually suggests that it could either be due to a skin infection or irritation.
It is not a cause for concern in terms of a malignancy
I would like to know whether it is sore or painful? Is there redness in the area bearing mole?
Can you upload an Image?
If it is sore, you may use an OTC topical antibacterial e.g 2% mupirocin cream/ ointment, twice daily for a few days.
I have attached a picture on this report.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes breast to swell
- What causes moles on the penis
- What causes pain in jaws and swelling in face
- What are the causes for swelling in face and eyes
- What causes swelling of the admoid
- What causes moles to grow
- What causes swelling of the tragus
- Diseases that cause face swelling
- What causes water retention in body causing swelling
- What causes scrotum to swell