What causes swelling in lower abdomen and reduced menstruation?
Not likely to be due to retained blood inside uterus.
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The fullness of the lower abdomen after 2 years of childbirth cannot be due to retention of conceptus or menstrual blood inside the uterus. The fullness is likely to be due to lax abdominal muscles after the delivery and abdominal fat.
This can be confirmed after an ultrasound scan of the lower abdomen.
The decrease in bleeding during the periods can be due to anxiety, stress, emotional turbulence, hectic travelling, recent changes in weight, ingestion of hormonal medications or medications that alter the menstrual cycle, anemia, etc.
Polycystic ovaries, hypothyroidism and endometrial pathologies also could cause such a picture.
She needs to get her hemoglobin and thyroid hormone levels evaluated to find out the cause.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What could be the cause of delayed menstruation
- What is the cause of spotting instead of menstruating
- What causes oily orange menstruation
- Menstruation causes
- What medicine cause menstruation delay
- What causes whole blood in menstruation
- What causes absence of menstruation
- Extended menstruation what are the causes
- Change in menstruation what are the causes
- What causes eye swelling during menstruation
- Sex after candid v3 treatment
- What causes breasts to shrink and invert nipples?
- What should i do for chest infection and high BP ?
- What should i do to know whether i am HIV infected ?
- Does increased smoking and alcohol intake during stress increase heart...
- Is it possible to resolve monoamine oxidase deficiency by controlling diet?
- Late menstrual cycle, negative pregnancy test, laparoscopy
- Are there any side effects of abortion pills ? How long will it take to...
- Cut caffeine, low BP, frequent bloating, extreme fatigue, slight pain in...
- What post surgical care is needed following a spinal cord stimulator...