What causes swelling and redness on eyelid after taking Desonide?
Also they seem like they want to swell a little at night, but is back down by the time the sun come up. I am not sure what is wrong. She took allergy test and I am waiting on those results. I am hoping this is not a side effect that permanently damaged the area around her eyes by thinning.
Sorry if my question is all over the place I am really stressing over this situation.
Desonide is a mild steroid - indicated in eczema.
Many thanks for consulting in HealthCareMagic.
I understand your concern. What you quote fits into eczema. As such the Desonide cream which has been suggested by 3 pediatricians & a dermatologist is actually the latest preferred mode of treatment for this condition. Usual course is to apply for 3-6 weeks on the eczematous areas. There's only one another thing which you said which needs to be investigated. You said that the swelling around the eyes appears when she's sleeping & gradually subsides as the day progresses. This is a sign of protein loss in urine called nephrotic syndrome.
I suggest you get a Urine routine along with nitrites done and get back to us. Meanwhile I suggest you stick on to the schedule of Desonide suggested by your pediatrician.
Hope my answer was helpful for you. Happy to help anytime.
Further clarifications and consultations on Health Care Magic are welcome.
Dr. Sumanth MBBS., DCH., DNB (Paed).
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is white discoloration caused by desonide permanent?
- What causes redness and swelling in toes
- What causes swelling and redness in the area of sutures
- What causes swelling and redness in premium
- What causes red scaly eyelids
- What causes red itchy scaly eyelids
- What could cause itching swelling and redness in a finger
- What could cause swelling redness and warm leg after artheroscopy
- What causes swelling and redness in the vagina
- What is causing pain swelling and red rashes in breast
- What causes recurrent cold,cough and high fever in a child?
- What should be Neozeet dosage for cold and cough in a child?
- What causes swelling and redness on eyelid after taking Desonide?
- What causes an indentation on upper back?
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea in an infant
- Does black molds in house during pregnancy cause any complication?
- Suggest treatment for fungal infection of in groin area
- What causes swollen cluster of veins on lower back?
- What causes diarrhea with vomiting?
- What causes low appetite after stomach infection?