What causes spotting when having history of uterus ablation?

Dr. B. Radhakrishnan. Nair

OBGYN

Posted on Sat, 3 Sep 2016 in Women's Health
Question: Hello. I had an ablation on my uterus about 15 years ago and have not had any bleeding since then. This morning when I used the restroom, I had red blood on the toilet paper and a small clot. It's definitely new blood. I think I had a bladder infection last week but I was feeling better. Should I be worried?
Answered by Dr. B. Radhakrishnan. Nair 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Cystitis

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Greetings from HCM,

If you never had any bleeding since 15 yrs after ablation ,it may not be from uterus. Since it was red in color it can be either from cervix or as you said due to urinary infection.

I suggest you for a Gynaec check up especially a speculam examination to rule out any abnormalities of cervix.

Hope my answer helps you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee