What causes spitting of black mucus?
a bad sign
The black stuff most likely is dried blood but can even be worse. Small capillaries can pop and bleed anywhere in the respiratory tract (even a MINOR nosebleed with draining downward--the black would be ONLY first thing in the morning and probably is NOT a serious problem). But, lung inflammation, infection, or even parts of the lung dying off can produce black chunks. Severity depends on other factors. Size of chunks--again, nosebleeds would be flecks to 0.5cm and not all day and few of them. Infection with black fungus produces large chunks and usually shortness of breath/wheeze/breathing problems...needs treatment MAYBE SURGERY. Lung death or other bleeding (from the meth) would give clot looking chunks and chest Pain... and be very bad.
If it's small, only in the morning or with a KNOWN nosebleed, then, frankly, it isn't much; otherwise, it's very serious and needs immediate treatment.
Thank you very much for calling the service; we hope you will use us again AND you might want to give a follow up with more information.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is there any interaction between Morphine and Gabapentin?
- Can the presence of Oxycontin be detected in urine?
- Can Oxycodone be taken for wrist and back pain?
- What causes spitting of black mucus?
- How can Meth be flushed out of the system?
- Would Adderall show up in a urine test?
- What is the differece between Oxycontin and Oxycodone?
- What causes pain after knee replacement surgery?
- How long can i take Xanax for anxiety?
- Are Omega 3 supplements effective in helping muscle recovery after a...