What causes sore throat along with pain in neck and head?
Viral fever with Migraine.
Welcome to Healthcaremagic.
Hi, I am Dr Anshul Varshney , I have read your query in detail , I understand your concern. You seem to be suffering from Upper Respiratory tract infection (URTI) which is associated with acute migraine like headache a lot many times. Since your fever is gone now, you don't need any antibiotics. But in case you have fever again then you should see your doctor who will examine you and prescribe an antibiotic like Azithromycin or Amoxycillin.
At present you need to take an anti allergic like Levocetrizine and Paracetamol for body aches, neck aches and headache. In case of severe throat pain, you can add a tablet of Aspirin in water and do gargles with that.
Your appetite will also improve in a few days time. This is common to have loss of appetite in Viral fever.
Drink plenty of water. Your issues should settle with 3-5 days, If not, then you would require investigations.
This is my personal opinion based on details available here. If you still have any other query, you may please ask me.
Dr Anshul Varshney , MD
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Neck pain sore throat what to do
- Neck pain light headed sore throat
- Sore throat with pain is allery the cause of it
- What virus causes sore throat
- Sore throat causing ear pain
- What is the cause of the recurring sore throat
- Toothache sore throat whats the cause
- What causes shivering joint pain and sore throat
- What could be causing milduncomfortable painful sore throat
- What causes sore throat and cough