What causes sore perineum at the end of periods?
My period finished about 6 days ago and coming down to the end of my period I noticed that my perineum was feeling a bit sore. I figured it was from friction with the pads as I use very long pads. However even after my period ended the pain did not go away. It was a sharp pain as if there was a cut there. I was also very constipated at the time and was forcing a lot to go off so I thought that might have bruised the spot also. Today however, I went to pee and the area burned fiercely. More so than it has in the past week. So I took a pic of the area and there is an open sore there. I don't know what the cause could be or what to do about it. Advice? I should mentioned that I've overweight so there is a lot of friction in that area on a daily basis.
Thank you for your query. I can understand your concerns.
It looks more like a boil that has become raw due to friction rather that friction causing a raw area.
I will advice you to get a culture swab of the area and then start antibiotics.
DId you have a new partner recently ? Did you have unprotected intercourse ?
Do not worry. It will get better with medicines . But first we need to know from the culture what is the organism .
Feel free to consult me directly
Dr. Som Biswas M.D. XXXXXXX
Thanks for your response. No, I haven't had a new partner and the last time I had sex with my regular partner was over 2 months ago. I don't currently have an OBGYN but I will try to find one tomorrow and get some antibiotics.
Thanks again for your response. I'll let you know what the end result is or if I have any additional information.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes 3 day periods
- What is the cause of delay in period
- What causes a watery period
- What causes light periods
- What cause abnormal periods
- What causes delayed period with sore breasts and constipation
- What causes orange periods
- What causes light periods compared to normal periods
- What causes delayed periods with cramps and sore breasts
- What causes a mucusy period
- What is the cause and treatment for heart palpitations?
- What are the benefits of keeping my ovaries?
- What could one giant platelet and small clumping of platelets in blood...
- Why is susten SR prescribed for irregular period?
- Suggest treatment for erectile dysfunction
- Why is it not safe to have sex when on pelvic rest?
- How can clarkson's disease be treated?
- Does HIV antibody test negative after 8 years post exposure confirm...
- What do "subcentimeter lymphnod" mean?
- What causes itching bumps after having intercourse inspite of using...