What causes sore and itchy nipple with yellow discharge?
treatment is tailored according to the cause. meet your physician
Welcome at HCM
I have gone through your query and being your physician I completely understand your health concerns.
For how long it is there? Any redness and tenderness associated? Do you have fever? Do you feel any lump in breast? Is discharge is spontaneous or comes after stimulation? Are you lactating?
Breast discharge in females older than 50 yes should always be regarded as abnormal and requires evaluation. You really need to be examined by your physician . Mammography coupled with ultrasound scan of both breasts is the right choice.
Treatment is according to the cause. If it comes out to abscess or puss , simple incision and drainage followed by course of antibiotics is sufficient. Any suspicious area if noted need to be biopsied.
hope your query is adequately addressed
Dr XXXXXXX Sultan
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes oily discharge from nipples
- What could cause a soreness of nipples
- What is the cause for sore nipples and cramping
- What causes tender and painful nipples with yelloish discharge
- What causes itchy tender nipples with greenish discharge
- What could be the cause for nipple discharge
- Causes of sore nipples nipple pain
- What is the cause of sore tender nipples
- What causes soreness in the breast nipple
- What causes nausea and headaches with discharge for nipples