What causes small red dots on penis head during erection?

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist

Posted on Tue, 27 Oct 2015 in General Health
Question: tiny red dots on penis head when erected. doesnt itch, theres no swelling, no discharge. im uncircumcised. what could it be
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Upload the photographs

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX
Welcome to healthcaremagic
I would recommend you to upload the photographs of the red dots for a clearer picture of the condition so that I can guide you in a better way.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 54 minutes later
ok i will dr
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 0 minute later
Brief Answer:
Ok

Detailed Answer:
ok..Will be waiting.
Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 10 minutes later
there
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Pearly penile papules

Detailed Answer:
I have seen the photographs you have uploaded. In one of the photograph I can see tiny red coloured round bumps around the coronal margin of the glans. These are pearly penile papules which is a normal variant present in upto 10- 50 percent of the males. They are harmless and require no treatment but if they are causing you psychological distress you can consider going for cryotherapy, electrosurgery or laser treatment.
I hope to have answered your query.
Wish you good luck.
Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 6 minutes later
or is it me that im looking way to hard on the penis head did you see any abnormalities on the head dr
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Nothing abnormal seen on head ot the penis

Detailed Answer:
Head of the penis looks absolutely normal to me. I can't see any abnormal finding on it. Only thing noted is penile pearly papules on the coronal sulcus.
Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 21 minutes later
ok, but when its erected you see the little tiny dots dr. they are really really tiny. they dont itch or anything.
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No need to worry

Detailed Answer:
I don't think you have to worry about them as according to your history and symptoms they don't seem to be something important. Just keep a watch on them; if their number or size increases or they cause any symptoms we can consider testing for them probably by doing a biopsy. For the time being you don't have to take stress about them.
Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 23 minutes later
phew thanks i been stressing about it. thank you so much
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 1 minute later
Brief Answer:
Welcome

Detailed Answer:
welcome!! good luck!!