What Causes Lower Back Pain And Anxiety In An Elderly Person?
VARICOSE VEINS VV/S ANTI HYPERTENSIVE DRUG SIDE EFFECT
Thank you for posting the question.
I have gone through your medical history in detail.
The swelling between the ankle bone and sole of feet most commonly occurs due to stagnation of impure blood in that area as a result of long standing varicose veins.
Another reason for such type of swelling is a result of side effect of anti- hypertensive drugs.
The drugs that you are taking may cause fluid retention in the body.Ankles and feet, being dependant parts of the body,water tends to accumulate in these parts quite easily.
I would suggest you to keep your legs elevated over a pillow while sleeping.Apply compression bandage over the affected parts.
Consult a physician and get a detailed blood and cardiac profile checked.You may have to get the anti hypertensive drugs changed.The doctor may start you on diuretics.
Analgesics and application of local gel/sprays followed by hot fomentation will be helpful for low back pain.
Laser treatment for varicose veins is known to have good results.
I hope the answer was useful.
Feel free to ask me any follow up queries that you may have.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Going to the toilet alot and pain in my back
- Hiv cause burning on your neck and upper back
- Forehead injury bump goes and comes back
- Getting super dizzy when lean head back
- Green pus in lump on back
- Fluid noise in upper back
- Fell off horse now hurt back
- Hard lump on one side of lower back
- Foreskin shrink after pulled back
- Freezing and burning the nerves in lower back