Suggest treatment for bruises on the face

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist

Posted on Sat, 14 Apr 2018 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: Hello, thanks for your time, I was kicked in the face on august 21st, leaving me with two black eyes. There is still discoloration where the bruising use to be, do you know how long this could last or have any way of speeding up the recovery process? Worried it may never go away without laser treatment or something like that, is that possible? Thank you!
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Can take 4-5 months to disappear, use broad spectrum sunscreen, upload pics

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at Healthcaremagic
I have gone through your complaints and discolouration can take upto 4-5 months to disappear.
To speed up the process use a broad spectrum sunscreen on the entire face including the eyelids during the day time.
I don't think there should be any requirement of laser for this.
If possible upload the photographs of the affected areas so that I can have a clearer picture of the condition and can guide you accordingly.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj