What causes headache while on Imitrex and Midrin?
Temporal arteritis to consider.
Hello and thanks for using HCM.
I have read your question and understand your concerns.
I see that the medications you used are destined for migraine headaches.
Since the pain is located at the temple, I suggest you to see your primary care Doctor who can evaluate you clinically and can order the necessary tests about another possible condition such giant cell arteritis ( or temporal arteritis ) that may cause such symptoms.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
I submitted that question over one hour ago. Please respond.
It is an autoimmune disease.
Temporal arteritis is an autoimmune disease that may involve medium-sized arteries.
The temporal (located at the temple ) artery is often involved.
There are necessary further steps in order to confirm or exclude it and being examined clinically by your primary care Doctor is the first step.
Other examinations include blood tests and temporal artery biopsy.
Treatment consists in corticosteroids use ( if confirmed as the diagnosis ).
Hope this helps. Feel free to ask further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes headaches and migraines
- What causes headaches everyday
- What causes headaches and dizziness
- What causes sinus headache while taking levocetirizine
- What causes headaches
- What is the cause of severe headache while having hypothyroidism
- What causes headache while taking losartin
- Central serous retinopathy caused by imitrex
- What causes headaches while pregnant
- Does imitrex cause drowsiness
- What causes tingling and pins and needle sensation on the left side of...
- What causes numbness in feet and ankles?
- What causes mouth spots and pit in forehead?
- What causes tingling feeling in shoulder?
- Suggest treatment for panic attacks, non functional rectum and memory loss
- What causes numbness in the right side of foot and leg?
- What causes burning sensation and tingling in hands and feet?
- What does my CT scan suggest?
- What causes shortness of breath in a patient with fibromyalgia?
- What causes severe muscle twitches at night in shoulders and arms?