• question-icon

What causes small red bump on lower abdomen?

Posted on Wed, 25 May 2016 in Lump
Question: I have a small res bump on my lower stomach with a red line coming off of it and it is alittle tender. Just noticed it tonight while i was in the shower. Attached a photo for tou to review
Answered by Dr. Rishi 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
It looks like a mild skin infection.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HCM and Thank you for your question.
It looks like a mild infected point of Cellulitis. The line looks like inflamed lymph channels which we call as Lymphangitis. It is basically an infection of the sweat glands. There is no need to worry.
You should start a course of antibiotics and Tab Combiflam or Paracetamol(anti-inflammatory medicine) also twice to thrice a day. This will also help to bring the pain down. You can apply an antibiotic ointment like Mupirocin for infection not to spread further. Keep the area clean by washing with soap and water and can apply warm compresses. This will decrease the pain in the area.
It should resolve in 5 to 7 days with the medicines.
Do let me know if there are any other queries. I would be happy to assist you further.
Take care,
Dr Rishi, New XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Rishi

General Surgeon