What Causes Small Infected Lump Under The Arm?
May be sebaceous cyst , part extension of swollen gland or others .
Warm welcome to Healthcaremagic.com
I have evaluated your query thoroughly .
* The mentioned lump may be sebaceous cyst , part extension of swollen gland
or else .
Kindly provide further details so that I can answer your query completely .
1. Lump - consistency , movement in relation with enlarged gland , pain .
2. Any changes involving overlying skin as temperature , redness , punctum
in center , any discharge from this lump .
3. Systemic features as fever or else .
4. If visible over the surface & no objection , a photo pic as an attachment
in the follow up would be highly appreciable for better understanding .
5. Details for the swollen gland .
Awaiting for your details .
Sorry I do not have a photo at the moment. The first lump feels firm and is under my skin where as the other lump that has appeared is just below the skin and it looks like a pimple you can see puss in it, seems to look infected. No discharge in the second one, they both don't cause pain unless I try to move them around.
Could shaving be a possible cause?
Thanks for the details with attached photograph .
* The lump which is firm , under the skin seems more likely to be lymph node .
* The other one like pimple and pus is possible sebaceous cyst or infected boil .
Shaving , application of certain chemicals for wax purpose may be a possible
cause in many cases .
Hope this makes it clear for you .
Welcome for any further assistance .
Wishing you fine health ahead .
follow up .
Welcome dear .
* Lymph node is surely from secondary effect of the boil or cyst .
* It is not that serious , but recommended to take proper course of necessary
antibiotics , anti inflammatory medicines with your doctor to get it cured .
* Occasional patients require small procedure of incision if not getting proper
resolution from the medicines in follow up .
Hope this will help you for sure .
And do not panic at all for anything unusual .