What causes slightly elevated WBC count during pregnancy?

Posted on Mon, 15 Jun 2015 in Blood Disorders
Question: hello doctor, i am in first month pregnancy and i have an observation of high WBC count of 12.1 , Lymphocytes with 46% and with hemoglobin at 11.8. kindly guide us with side effects if any and complete insight under such observations.

regards
XXXX
Answered by Dr. Hardik Sanghvi 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No need to worry.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, dear
I have gone through your question. I can understand your concern.
If you don't have any fever or infection then no need to worry about slightly high wbc count. your wbc count is only slightly high and it is very common in pregnancy.
If you have any symptoms then tell me. Otherwise it is normal.
Hope I have answered your question, if you have any doubts then feel free to ask me. I will be happy to answer you.
Thanks for using health care magic.
Wish you a very good health.

Dr. Hardik Sanghvi

Hematologist