What causes skin rash while on Doxycycline?
Could this still be related to the doxycycline?
delayed reaction to doxycycline
Thank you for contacting HCM with your health care concerns
I am sorry to hear that you daughter is experiencing such terrible allergic reactions to her doxycycline. The new swelling is more than likely a delay reaction to the doxycycline. I would contact her PCP right away as if this progresses it could interfere with her breathing. She may need a longer course of prednisone to help reduce the reaction.
1. delay hypersensitivity to doxycycline
2. See her medical provider today or urgent care
3. May need longer course of prednisone
I hope I answered your question. Please contact us again if you have any additional questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes allergic skin rash
- What cause of skin rash under belly
- What causes skin rash near eyes
- What would be causing patchy dry skin rash
- What can cause skin rash around vagina
- What are the causes and treatment for skin rashes
- What causes to have recurrent itchy skin rashes
- What causes itchy skin rash
- What causes skin rash with abdominal pain
- What could cause skin rash and freckle on stomach