Suggest treatment for an insect bite
Can wait for few days, topical steroid and antibiotic cream; antihistaminic
Thanks for being at Healthcaremagic
I have gone through your complaints and according to them you seem to be having an insect bite hypersensitivity reaction.
No need to see the doctor if the lesion is getting smaller in size.
You can wait for few days.
I would recommend you to apply topical steroid and antibiotic cream like neosporin ointment and cortisone cream on the affected area twice daily for 5-7 days.
If it is associated with itching and stinging you can take antihistaminic like tablet Cetrizine 10 mg once daily at bedtime for 5-7 days.
This should help in resolving it.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the treatment for insect bite in children
- Infected insect bite treatment
- Treatment and cure for insect bite allergy
- Suggest treatment for ocd treatment
- Treatment and cure for insect bite hypersensitivity
- Suggest treatment for insect bite allergy
- Treatment and cure for insect bite dermatitis
- What is the treatment for insect bite
- Fusidic acid in treatment of insect bite
- Treatment and cure for Insect bites
- What are the symptoms of scabies?
- Suggest treatment for superficial folliculitis on inner thigh
- Suggest treatment for graying of hair and hair loss
- What causes red colored lesion on the hips?
- Suggest treatment for dry lips
- Suggest treatment for recurrent acne
- Suggest treatment for itching in the armpits
- What causes tiny skin tags in neck area?
- How to get rid of body lice?
- Suggest treatment for itching on neck, hands and legs