Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for severe headache

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 1598 Questions
My husband got flu like systems on way home from Alaska three years ago. He recovered & a week later developed the "most severe headache he had ever had" The right side of his face started drooping & the uvula swelled twice it's normal side, so we made a trip to ER where they did a cat-scan & other tests for a stroke, etc. All tests were negative.
The initial systems eventually left but he was left with hypersensitivity on his right side.
He has had nerve testing, heart tests, MRI on head & neck. All tests have come back negative even though his neck MRI did indicate there could be slight arthritis.
In the meantime, he had to have a total hip on his right side & also a torn rotator cuff on the right side.
We were hopeful that the pain would ease after those repairs. The arm & hand have continued to tingle & burn.The leg has been the most painful & had switched from tingling & burning to deep muscle type pain.
That is the most excruciating pain.
Having said all of that, I am asking for insight as to what type of tests or Doctor we should seek in order to get to the bottom of the condition.
Sat, 24 Mar 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Suma Parinam 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Timely referrals

Detailed Answer:

I understand the state of your husband. You seem to have undergone all possible tests.
At this stage if I were you, I would find a caring and experienced Internal medicine , who has holistic approach. he should be doctor to treat his symptoms along with other allied health care professionals.
He should be willing to refer to neurologist, rheumatologist and pain medicine doctor.
chiropractor, masseuse are also imp to keep symptoms at bay.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor