What causes burning tongue despite drinking distilled water?
You can drink distilled water without worries
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. It is good to know that your dentist has been able to resolve your problem. Now, distilled water lacks the salts that are otherwise present in tap water. Nevertheless, in your case you should continue with distilled water. Let me assure you that you would be able to procure from your diet the salts that would otherwise have been present as dissolved solutes.
Everything has its pros and cons. In your case the pros of drinking distilled water are greater than the cons. You need not worry. It is not whether drinking distilled water is healthy. For others without an indication as in your case it is pointless to drink distilled water as it does not provide added benefits and rather depletes you of salts you could have procured as dissolved solutes.
Let me know if I could help further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Burning tongue syndrome causes
- Augmentin causing burning of tongue
- What causes burning tongue sensation
- Causes of burning tongue treatment
- What causes fluffy tongue
- What causes burning sensation on tongue with white coating
- What could cause a burning throat and tongue
- Inhalers cause burning tongue
- What causes systems burning swollen tongue and throat
- What causes burning tongue