Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

What causes shoulder pain with tingling feeling in fingers?

Apr 2014
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 6486 Questions
Hi I had a query about my right shoulder pain in shoulder dull ache down my arm tingling feeling in fingers. shoulder aches at night. Have movement but quite restricted above my shoulder.
Posted Sun, 9 Mar 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Your problem may be related to cervical spine Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Thanks for writing to us You need proper clinical examination and investigations. It may be due to spine problem in neck region.It is important to know there is associated neck pain or not. Tingling sensation in fingers indicates nerve involvement.There is nerve supply to the upper limb from neck region.Pain may due to spondylosis,disc prolapse etc. You need X-rays of cervical spine (AP/Lateral view),Right shoulder (AP view).MRI of cervical spine should also be done to assess nerve involvement. You also need few routine investigations like routine hemogram,RBS,Serum calcium and vitamin D level.Further investigations can be done if needed. Your shoulder also need clinical examination to rule out entrapment syndrome. At present you should take rest and take hot fomentation.You can take deep Ultrasound therapy for pain. Medicines like analgesics and multivitamins can be taken. You also need physiotherapy for your problem.It will help you. Proper treatment depend upon clinical findings and investigation reports.You should consult orthopedician for proper evaluation. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor