What causes shortness of breath with normal chest X-ray?
Pay attention to Sinemet side effects
I read the question and understand your concern.
In my opinion the troubles you have may be related to Sinemet.
As you refer all your heart tests have resulted ok.
I would like to know if you had palpitations during these episodes? Did you perform an ambulatory 24 to 48 hours ECG monitoring?
Sinemet may cause heart arhythmia and also fluttering in your chest, the feeling that you are going to pass out or anxiety and ortostatic hypotension. And theside effects are more common in higher doses.
These problems may also be related to Parkinson disease, called autonomic disfunction, but less probable as another dose of Sinemet has not improved your breathing.
If I were your doctor I would perform a ambulatory ECG monitoring for arhythmia, Head up Tilt Table test for Ortostatic hypotension.
A careful decrease in dosage may be needed but it must be done under your neurologist monitoring.
Hope to have been helpful!
Thank you for using HCM!
Best wishes Dr.Iliri
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Normal chest x-ray finding
- Normal chest x-ray results
- Chest x-ray normal what does apocolordotic view mean
- Normal chest x-ray
- Chest pain chest x-ray normal what could it be
- What do chest x-rays reveal
- Had chest x-ray is the report normal
- What will chest x-ray show
- Normal female chest x-ray
- Suspicious infiltrates in chest x-ray shortness of breath acid reflux
- What do the following stress tests, echo and holter monitor test result...
- Suggest alternative treatment for congestive heart failure
- Suggest treatment for hypertension and GERD
- Suggest treatment for high BP and tingling in arms
- What causes sharp pain in chest area relieved by burping?
- Suggest treatment for afib, severe sleep apnea and high heart rate?
- What causes shortness of breath with normal chest X-ray?
- What causes severe pain in my calf muscle in Tietze syndrome?
- What causes altered sense of smell when diagnosed with sinus tachycardia?
- Does page syndrome increase the risk of heart attack?