What causes hallucinations while on Amantadine and Benztropine?
There is possibility that you will respond with amantadine
Thanks for follow up.
Regarding amantadine I like to make it clear that it is one of safe medication for treating parkinsonism as well as pseudo parkinsonism associated with antipsychotic medications.
However the dose often used is 300 mg and it is possible that your doctor may increase the dose to 100 mg three times a day on next visit.
Regarding efficacy of medication I must acknowledge that it is weak antiparkinsonian medication but have definite effects and it is possible that with time and increase of dose you will see greater improvement.
In other words it is time taking medication in parkinsons disease but have definite effects.
I hope this answers you further.
Thanks and regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes hallucinations
- Can cipro cause hallucinations
- Can steroids cause hallucinations
- Can migraines cause hallucinations
- Can dilaudid cause hallucinations
- Does dialysis cause hallucinations
- Flucloxacillin ? cause hallucinations
- What could cause hallucinations and strange visions
- What causes hallucinations after left side paralysis
- Medical conditions that cause hallucinations
- How to have a successful sexual intercourse?
- Suggest treatment for OCD
- Suggest the sleep aids that i can use with Carvedilol?
- What causes sensitivity to sun light?
- Is it safe to have 120ml of alcohol everyday?
- Suggest treatment for orgasmic dysfunction
- Suggest treatment for non retraction of foreskin
- Suggest treatment for premature ejaculation
- How long do psychotic disorders take to get cured?
- What causes erectile dysfuntion?