Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
152 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for parkinson syndrome

my dad is suffering from Parkinson syndrome. he had been taking t syndopa plus125 and now his physician has told him take syndopa CR 125.Is there any difference in the dosage. can i if there s any treatment to cure this disease. kindly help. he has one side shivering of hands and leg. stiffness, atomach upset frequently, lose of weight.
Tue, 30 Apr 2019
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  
Medical Topics
Neurologist 's  Response

Unfortunately, there is no cure for PARKINSON'S DISEASE (not referred to as syndrome if it the classic form of PARKINSON'S DISEASE you are actually referring to).

The CR version of the Syndopa is merely a designation that the medication is CONTROLLED RELEASE and therefore, theoretically it has to be dosed LESS FREQUENTLY.

If your father's tremors are not being quieted with this medication then, you should take him to see a NEUROLOGIST or a PARKINSONOLOGIST for the most updated treatments available.

There is also a SURGICAL approach called DEEP BRAIN STIMULATION.

However, more knowledge on how well your father responds to regular doses of his syndopa are necessary.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Take care

Dr Dariush Saghafi, Neurologist
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Dear Dr. I munnalal baranga age 70 yrs,ht 5 6 ,wt.65kg, is suffering from Parkinson Syndrome Plus from past 4yrs.I often falls while start to walk,...

Recent questions on  Geriatrics

doctor1 MD

I have Spinal Stenosis and degenerative osteoarthritis...I ve had 2 lower back surgeries as well as fusions and I have a rod in my lower left back....

doctor1 MD

i have a herniated dic in my neck at L4 and L5...i also have a genetically narrow spinal cord canal. My spinal cord is being compressed. The...

doctor1 MD

my dad is 88 and had 4 bypasses. he recently had hip replacement, but now has pain in his right leg. doctor took x-rays and did a mri of his lower...

doctor1 MD

Re the safety of spinal surgery, I am age 86. Have had numerous surgeries for spinal stennosis, cervical, lumbar, etc. I have also had open heart...

doctor1 MD

I have a small case of alziemers does klonopin have any bad affects to it

doctor1 MD

Thank you. I have fibromyalgia and have issues with medications so I really don t take anything for the pain other than 3 Advil every AM for...

doctor1 MD

90 years old with 4 bad heart valves, 2 very bad. Don't want to get heart operation. Laying flat or even in a recliner I cough a lot. Can't sleep....