What causes sharp pain in the right earlobe?
Need more information for further comments.
Welcome to HCM.
Earlobe pain could be related to otitis externa (inflammation of the outer ear and ear canal) which should be ruled out by complete medical history and ear examination.
So,I would like to ask some more information
Do you had a severe pain over right earlobe which lasted for 15-20 seconds?
Is there any redness or swelling over the lobe?
Is there any itching?
Usually,this kind of earlobe pain are self limiting in the absence of other signs and symptoms.
But before going into further discussion,kindly provide me these answers.
No need to worry.
Thanks for reply and sharing more information.
If there is NO redness, itching or swelling then there is very unlikely chances of having Otitis externa.
And as I mentioned earlier,usually this kind of pain is self limiting and does NOT require any medical attention.
However, you can take over the counter pain killers (Diclofenac or Naproxen) on as and when required basis to get relief from pain if it appears again, otherwise there is nothing to be concerned.
Hope this helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes sharp pain below ribs on right side
- What causes sharp pains in uterus
- What cause of sharp pains in the head
- What causes sharp pains in bones
- What causes sharp pain in nipples
- What causes sharp pain in spleen
- What could be cause of sharp pain on right ear
- What causes sharp pain in wrist
- What causes sharp pain in right ear
- What causes sharp pain in stomach with cramps and shits