What causes sharp pain in the left side of chest when i lie on left side?
It looks like musculoskeletal pain.
You have not mentioned if you have any other symptoms beside pain like cough, fever or breathlessness. Do you suffer from any other ailment like Diabetes, high BP , chronic bronchitis, etc?
Try and recollect if you hurt yourself anytime or have indulged in some heavy exercise.
The pain could arise from any structure in that area like muscles, bones, cartilage and at times even from lungs and heart and even your stomach and food pipe.
Presuming that you are otherwise in good health, the pain doesn't sound to be of very serious nature, it could be musculoskeletal in nature..
You may continue with the pain killer as and when required. Take a Pan 40 with it to counter the gastritis that pain killer may cause.
If it persists, consult your PCP who may have a complete look at you, put you through some tests and advise you accordingly.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sharp pain on left side of groin
- What causes sharp pain in left shoulder and chest
- Super sharp pain in left side
- Sharp pain on left side of chest when breathing in
- Sharp pain in left side of sto
- Sharp pain on the left side of forearm
- Sharp pain in left side of oblique
- What causes sharp pain in lower left side of stomach
- What causes sharp pain on the left side below naval
- What causes sharp pain in left side of skull