What causes sharp pain below the waist on the right side?
I believe it is superficial dermatome pain...
Pain that arises intra-abdominally are perceived as cramps or dull aches. Whereas skin and superficial pain are felt as pricking sharp pain, burning and irritation pain. I would appreciate if you can tell me more about this - is it a continuous pain or intermittent type of pain; the pain description (does it match any of the above variety);is it related to food, movements/exercises; does the pain reduce when you sleep/lie down.
I believe it is from superficial dermatome (nerve) related pain since couple of CT scans showed no serious pathologies. Moreover presence of rash links this pain to shingles which is a dermatome pain.
In this context, I would start you on pain medications - ibuprofen available over the counter may be helpful. If your primary care doctor agrees with me, they can provide a referral to dermatologist for subsequent management which most likely will be the use of pregabalin (lyrica).
Hope this helps. Write back for clarifications.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes sharp pain below ribs on right side
- What cause of sharp pains in the head
- What causes sharp pain in lateral side of leg
- Right side sharp pain
- What could be cause of sharp pain on right ear
- What causes sharp pain in wrist
- What causes sharp pain in right ear
- What causes sharp pain in left side of skull
- What causes sharp pain on the left side below naval
- Sharp pain in right side of waist