What causes sharp chest pain?
more info and EKG
Greetings from health care magic!!! I am Dr Thakker and shall be answering your question.
I can understand your concern for the chest pain. I will try my best to answer your question.
I would like to know the following details from you:
What aggravated the pain? Is it exertional? Relieving factors for the pain?
Any history of injury to the chest?
Did you perform a heavy weight chest press exercise a day before?
What is the intensity of the pain? Any radiation to other area?
Any associated breathlessness/ leg swelling?
Any history of hypertension or heart disease in the family?
Any history of alcohol or tobacco consumption?
I would also recommend you to have an EKG done and upload the image of the same to rule out a cardiac issue.
Please get back to me with the above information.
Muscular/ neuropathic pain
Thank you for your replies to my questions.
I feel the pain is muscular/ neuropathic in origin given the EKG is normal. A heavy chest workout the night before may make the muscle sore and irritable and cause this pain. You can take calcium supplement and Gatorade to prevent this from happening the next time. Gatorade is to be taken when you feel thirsty while doing exercise. The amount should satisfy the thirst.
I hope this helps you out. If you have any more questions, please do not hesitate to write back to me.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What could be the cause of my sharp chest pains
- Sharp infrequent chest pains causes
- What is the cause for intermittent chest pain
- What causes sudden sharp chest pain
- What causes chest pain and fatigue
- What causes pleurisy chest pain
- What is the cause of chest pain and cough
- What is the cause of chest pain with dizziness
- What causes headache with the chest pain
- What causes back and chest pain