What causes severe pain on the left side of abdomen?

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan

Posted on Tue, 4 Apr 2017 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: After eating pain on left side sometimes trouble swallowing
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Supportive care, GERD

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

I read your question and i understand your concern. Pain in left hypochondrium after eating and difficulty swallowing should be evaluated for any local throat causes for dysphagia. However it is very common presentation in acid reflux patients. Treatment is acid suppressants, antacids, proton pump inhibitors, modifying diet and lifestyle is mainstay of treatment. Small frequent meals, avoiding triggers like spices, fatty foods, processed canned foods, alcohol, beverages, tea, coffee, chocolate , smoking etc. Don't lie down after meal for at least 3 hours and keep head side of the bed elevated by 8 inches at least. Exercise more and lose weight. Take some pepto for the pain with some tums and see if it helps. If the issue persists consult a local physician and let them have a look.

I hope it helps. take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.

Khan