What causes severe pain in the legs after stepping on a small stone?

Dr. Priyanka G Raj

Infectious Diseases Specialist

Posted on Wed, 7 Sep 2016 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: Hi Doctor, I stepped onto a small stone a month by mistake, which didn't cause any damage externally but I feel something happened to my nerves or muscles internally, I am not able to walk properly. When I am sitting Ideal its ok but when I am standing or walking or put pressure on my right leg its paining. Now my whole right leg nerves are squeezing from bottom of my foot. Request you to help me with this. Thanks in Advance
Answered by Dr. Priyanka G Raj 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Clinical examination required

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for the query

I had gone through your history and can understand your concern.

Whenever foreign body(stone/glass piece) enter in to the body, body shows immediate reactions by causing pain, swelling,abscess formation.

If the size of the stone is too small, it can enter inside the body can cause problems, you have to go to near by Doctor, preferably General Surgeon, he can examine and can take out the small stone by giving local anesthesia.

You have to take 1 dose of TT injection.
If pain is too much you can take pain killers like Tab Diclofenac /Ibubrofen.
If you have fever, you may need to start antibiotics to prevent infection.
So you need to meet doctor for further evaluation.

Dr Priyanka G Raj
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj