Does a penile skin tag that hurts during intercourse require medical attention?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Thu, 8 Mar 2018 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Hi .i have very little skin attached to my pennis and i feel pain while having sex, while sexual inter coarse . it also got torn earlier while having anal sex now i feel pain in inserting pennis. How can i remove frenulum or make it elastic at home? The tip of pennis is ok but undeneath of tip of pennis small skin is aateched to my pennis. I am shy to tell anyone and i feel very fearful about this. I need your expert advice to make myself sexually healty.
Please assist me or guide and provide me necessary tips to remove the frenulum so that can have painless sex.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
You need to consult qualified Urologist

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

Based on the facts that you have posted you seem to have a band of adhesion between glans of the penis and frenulum which gets torn repeatedly and causing pain during erection and intercourse .

At the outset I would state that you can not remove this band yourself at home .You need to consult qualified Urologist for assessment and get it removed by a short surgery called Frenuloplasty .

It is a simple surgery done under local anesthesia done as a out patient procedure .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 38 hours later
Esteemed sir,
There is skin atteched which is just like thin line drawn by a 0.6 ball point pen or like 3-4 hair together like that. Do i still need to go for the surgery? How many days i ll have to take rest after that if go ? Made me fearful about that.
If possible please let me know any other option.
I'll consult near by urologist.
Thanks sir.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
There is no other treatment option .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .

A clinical examination by a qualified Urologist would be an ideal approach to decide about surgery .He would be the best judge to take decision about need for surgery .

Surgery is very very simple and you need not take rest from your routine work ,
except avoiding sexual activities for 10 days following surgery .

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.