Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Does a penile skin tag that hurts during intercourse require medical attention?

Jul 2016
User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 1971
Answered : 9579 Questions
Hi .i have very little skin attached to my pennis and i feel pain while having sex, while sexual inter coarse . it also got torn earlier while having anal sex now i feel pain in inserting pennis. How can i remove frenulum or make it elastic at home? The tip of pennis is ok but undeneath of tip of pennis small skin is aateched to my pennis. I am shy to tell anyone and i feel very fearful about this. I need your expert advice to make myself sexually healty.
Please assist me or guide and provide me necessary tips to remove the frenulum so that can have painless sex.
Posted Mon, 4 Dec 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
You need to consult qualified Urologist

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for query .

Based on the facts that you have posted you seem to have a band of adhesion between glans of the penis and frenulum which gets torn repeatedly and causing pain during erection and intercourse .

At the outset I would state that you can not remove this band yourself at home .You need to consult qualified Urologist for assessment and get it removed by a short surgery called Frenuloplasty .

It is a simple surgery done under local anesthesia done as a out patient procedure .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Does a penile skin tag that hurts during intercourse require medical attention? 38 hours later
Esteemed sir,
There is skin atteched which is just like thin line drawn by a 0.6 ball point pen or like 3-4 hair together like that. Do i still need to go for the surgery? How many days i ll have to take rest after that if go ? Made me fearful about that.
If possible please let me know any other option.
I'll consult near by urologist.
Thanks sir.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
There is no other treatment option .

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for follow up .

A clinical examination by a qualified Urologist would be an ideal approach to decide about surgery .He would be the best judge to take decision about need for surgery .

Surgery is very very simple and you need not take rest from your routine work ,
except avoiding sexual activities for 10 days following surgery .

Thanks and Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor