Owl Image

Ask a Urologist   »  

Does a penile skin tag that hurts during intercourse require medical attention?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016
Excellent

Urologist
Question
Hi .i have very little skin attached to my pennis and i feel pain while having sex, while sexual inter coarse . it also got torn earlier while having anal sex now i feel pain in inserting pennis. How can i remove frenulum or make it elastic at home? The tip of pennis is ok but undeneath of tip of pennis small skin is aateched to my pennis. I am shy to tell anyone and i feel very fearful about this. I need your expert advice to make myself sexually healty.
Please assist me or guide and provide me necessary tips to remove the frenulum so that can have painless sex.
Thu, 8 Mar 2018 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
You need to consult qualified Urologist

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

Based on the facts that you have posted you seem to have a band of adhesion between glans of the penis and frenulum which gets torn repeatedly and causing pain during erection and intercourse .

At the outset I would state that you can not remove this band yourself at home .You need to consult qualified Urologist for assessment and get it removed by a short surgery called Frenuloplasty .

It is a simple surgery done under local anesthesia done as a out patient procedure .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: Does a penile skin tag that hurts during intercourse require medical attention? 38 hours later
Esteemed sir,
There is skin atteched which is just like thin line drawn by a 0.6 ball point pen or like 3-4 hair together like that. Do i still need to go for the surgery? How many days i ll have to take rest after that if go ? Made me fearful about that.
If possible please let me know any other option.
I'll consult near by urologist.
Thanks sir.

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
There is no other treatment option .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .

A clinical examination by a qualified Urologist would be an ideal approach to decide about surgery .He would be the best judge to take decision about need for surgery .

Surgery is very very simple and you need not take rest from your routine work ,
except avoiding sexual activities for 10 days following surgery .

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.