What causes severe pain in lower right abdomen when diagnosed with surgical adhesions?
Hello and Welcome
I appreciate your concern
Abdominal cramping and pain, constipation, nausea indicate post surgical adhesions.
Surgical adhesion lysis involves identifying bands that hold intestines together and cutting them apart. Despite this procedure some patients persist with this problem. The procedure may be done laproscopically for it to remain minimally invasive.
Fluid intake, antispasmodics like mebeverine or hyoscyamine can be advised for the pain associated with the adhesions. If the pain does not subside, you should go to an ER near you to assess for the management of acute abdomen.
Wishing you best of health
Let me know if you have any query
Please consult your doctor before deciding on any further course of action.
For future follow up / correspondence you may ask me directly at the link given below
Dr. M.S. Khalil
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes severe pain in abdomen and vomiting during pregnancy
- What causes severe pain under the breast on the right
- What causes severe pain in abdomen when sneezing
- What causes severe pain in testicles
- What causes sever pain in the abdomen
- What causes severe pain in heels
- What causes severe pain in elbows
- What causes severe pain in lower thoracic area
- What causes severe pain in lower jaw bone
- What is the cause of severe pain in the legs