What causes severe pain in left testicle?

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Tue, 7 Jun 2016 in Men's Health
Question: why would a testicle hurt,it is the left one and it is hanging lower than the right
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
How severe is this pain?

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this hurting testicle that you have reported. If the pain is minimal and not very severe, this may be related to position and it is not totally unexpected. I will say put on a supportive underwear and avoid any further manipulation. Take Tylenol for relief and all will be okay. However, if there is a severe pain, I will recommend that you visit the ER for evaluation instantly. However, at your age, testicular torsion is very unlikely. Can you please tell me for how long this pain has been going on?

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be. Above all, thanks for using our services.
Follow up: Dr. Chobufo Ditah 23 minutes later
the pain is not severe,kind of obnoxious right now,there,s no bleeding,it is a shade redder i believe than the other,but just slightly

it has only been a couple days
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 17 hours later
Brief Answer:
How is the pain today?

Detailed Answer:
Hi.,

Can you please tell me how the pain is at this time?

Hope to hear from you. I wish you well.
Follow up: Dr. Chobufo Ditah 3 hours later
.i havent noticed it today,when touched it may hurt a little,
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Monitoronly then!

Detailed Answer:

If you haven't noticed it today, then monitor only at this time.

I wish you well.
Follow up: Dr. Chobufo Ditah 14 hours later
thank you Dr. Ditah,i have made a dr,s appointment to fo[[ow thru,would you think stress adds to complicate things?

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Stress could add but should not be regarded as primary cause!

Detailed Answer:
HI,

Stress could add to this and should not be regarded as primary cause. It would be good to examine you fully and rule out any possible causes before settling with stress as a possible aggravating factor.

I wish you well.